I’m Associate Professor of Communication and Information Systems at Oklahoma Wesleyan University.
Topics posted here may include:
- Data Science and Data Visualization
- Technology, Cybersecurity, Cyber-human interaction …
- Science: physics, astrophysics, biology …
- Politics and policy, global and local
- Creation / environmental responsibility
- Family, marriage, fatherhood
- Nature: fishing, hiking, animals, plants, trees, tardigrades, etc.
I’ve come to respect a subset of thinkers and authors whose attitudes converge around:
- Creative capitalism (e.g., Bill Gates and other common-good-capitalists)
- Historically informed Christian realism (Reinhold Niebuhr, Christopher Lasch, etc.)
- Greek and Roman Stoicism (Zeno of Citium, Cato the Younger, Seneca, Epectitus, Marcus Aurelius)