Bringing MVC architecture to the creation of Web applications, Backbone.js helps you manage complexity while keep your coding practices clean, including maintaining a neat separation of content from presentation. Backbone.js plays well with other libraries, giving developers freedom to follow their own preferences for DOM scripting — whether with jQuery, Dojo, Prototype, etc.
Developed by Jeremy Ashkenas, creator of CoffeeScript, Backbone.js has quickly built an active and helpful community of developers. If you’d like to start learning more about it, here are some excellent places to start.
Introductions & Tutorials
- Getting Started with Backbone.js — Nettuts+
- Backbone Tutorials — a collection of introductory resources
- Building Single Page Applications With jQuery’s Best Friends — a tutorial by Addy Osmani
- todos.js — an annotated Backbone.js application
- Introductory Screencasts at Backbonefu.com
- Premium Introductory Screencasts ($24) — Backbonescreencasts.com